Monday, May 6, 2019

Certainty brings peace

In the Lord I take refuge. Psalm 11:1
It is so still and quiet at daybreak. Its like all the birds are still tucked up in their nests, asleep. Except one that sent a lone song  across the morning light. It is melodious, and beautiful and I believe its the Rufus Whistler. I read a quote from J.H.Jowett which said:  I heard a bird at daybreak sing from the autumn trees. A song so musical and calm, so full of certainties. No person, I think could listen long except upon their knees. Yet this was but a simple bird, alone among dead trees. That gave me such a sense of God's presence that I knew I was standing on holy ground and the space between  God, the bird and me was paper thin. It also gave me a sense that we are never alone even if we think we are because where we are, there God is also.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Sing a beautiful song to the Lord..