Friday, February 1, 2019

God and me and top knot pigeons

The Lord is good to those who  wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25
Sitting outside in the cool of the evening just God and me,when two topknot pigeons came to join us. and a little poem came into my mind as I watched them.
Pluck the grass, pull at the seed
scratching around for a feed  - the immaculately groomed top knot pigeons.
nestling down in the grass, another stops - he doesn't pass
Ah, the cool evening blessing  in the grass - nestling
O bother, now they have been disturbed, by another pair of another bird
and off they go - all in flight, flying off into the night.
And I was left with a fullness of joy, a pleasure that will never fade and again I was reminded of the power that is in silence.
(F.B.Mayer said )' O for the grace to wait and watch with God.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord

Showering and nestling in the grass