Monday, January 28, 2019

What a gift - what a joy.

I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that lived first  in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure, lives in you.. 2 Timothy 1:5
God blesses us in so many ways that some days the blessings resound within our being like a very warm and fuzzy feeling deep inside our soul. I had a phone call from my youngest grandson all of six years old but very wise and his words were: 'Nan, you know the bible you gave me when you baptised me? Well Mum found it when she was cleaning out a cupboard and  I have been sitting on the lounge reading it and looking at the pictures and now I know the story of  how God made the world.'  I think there is no greater blessing than when we see the fruits of a seed planted. It may have been planted with caution. It may have been planted with hope. It may have been planted with love and prayers and someday that gift to a child will emerge and set them on a path for life.  Often these seeds are sown by a grandmother with a longing in her heart to see that the child will come to know and walk with Jesus and a longing to know that whatever life throws at you, with Jesus by your side you will be alright. That, I think, is the greatest gift a child can be given.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Blessed assurance Jesus is mine.