Monday, January 21, 2019

You, God and peace

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4: 7
A profound and deepening peace with God often comes after a major life changing event that takes you to such a place within yourself that there is nowhere else to go but to God.
That's my understanding of that peace that surpasses all understanding and at times I 'see' this peace in the face of the elderly in the nursing home. I was given a book called 'The Mission Walker' by Edie Littlefield Sundby who had been given 3 months to live and she said this: I came to realize we are held in the arms of God and are utterly completely safe - in life and in death;whether walking alone or with others.' The only thing I would add  is words of Max Lucardo,  when he says, 'Get the word out. God is with us; we are not alone.
Grace to you and peace from God the father.
Anne, servant of the Lord
God's peace