Friday, January 18, 2019

Morning Glory

Yes, I'll sing the wondrous story of the Christ who died for me.' (TIS 233)
I woke up singing this  morning. I marvel at why that happens. I was singing 'I will sing the wondrous story  of the Christ who died for me.'  And at the same time I looked out the window to see dry grass in the heat wave yet there was a tiny pink flower surviving. It's called 'Morning Glory' and I thought in an instance how its glowing pink colour stood out above the dry grass and as the hymn continued to flow I thought of the words of Helen Keller: 'I am only one, but still I am one. I can not do everything, but still I can do something: I will not refuse to do something I can do. '  One little flower shining its joy in the world and now I know why I woke up singing because you and I all daily sing of the Christ who died for us as we go out in the world.
I read a Celtic prayer which said: May every task be done with joy and every word that we employ show the Lord in heaven above that all we do we do for love.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
Not morning glory but the same symbolism.