Friday, February 24, 2017

sink the roots deep


But those who drink of the living water I will give them will never be thirsty. John 4:14
I came across a lovely symbolic display in the front garden of a home I walk past and it immediately brought to mind a  biblical reflection of living water and various other texts relating to 'holding onto Jesus and living in him.' and it reminded me of some words I read by Sara Orne Jewett which said:
'A good healthy tree growing out of a bare rock, out of some crack that holds its roots and it keeps its green top in the worst heat, the driest summer - and you lay your ear to the ground and you hear a little stream running.' How true it is that if we have the living waters Jesus offers us flowing through us then as Julian or Norwich says: 'All will be well. All manner of things will be well.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of he Lord
only by the grace of a little stream below.