Monday, February 6, 2017

rescued with love

Jesus said: A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you. John 13:34
There are so many ways we can go about our day and our daily work. Its how we do it, how we see people, how we see our life that makes the difference. One of the ministries I am involved in is' nursing people  back into life' Through life's difficulties, trauma and misfortune some people find themselves in a very deep, dark hole and they need someone to come along side and offer a hand to climb out of it -   not to just climb out but to know where to plant their feet once out, to be strong with what life holds for them. Just adding that extra layer called 'love' can make a world of difference.
I read this quote from Joan Chittister: If I cook dinner, that's ordinary. If I put a flower on the table when I serve it, that's divine.
May we serve Christ and all who cross our path with that added dimension of love,
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord