Friday, February 10, 2017

little dolls of gold

'Lord I lift your name on high. Lord I want to sing your praises.'(Christian song)
I caught up with such glorious delights in the early morning walk, - A very busy purpose filled willy wagtail investigating every corner of an old wooden fence in pursuit of his breakfast and then a cluster of bright yellow rump finches which Mary Oliver would describe as 'little dolls of gold.' And camouflaged in the greenest of grass flourishing like no other around it ,n a water course, was a family of fluorescent green grass parrots and I looked (As Mary Oliver says:)  ' not just standing around looking but standing around as though with your arms open.'
I could not help but think about the glorious delights that are all around us and so often we do not see unless we stop and look and I mean truly  look.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.

The blue wrens home