Friday, July 15, 2016

shine your light

The gifts of God for the people of God. (APBA)
Early morning and the dark was  bathed in the soft moonlight from the moon high in the sky, so bright that it cast my shadow onto the footpath and a silver reflection on the dam in the paddock and all the objects  of the landscape, the cattle, the mountains, the trees, the fences,were illuminated so I could see what was there regardless of the dark. The breeze blew across my face, icy but refreshing and there was a mystery occurring because to the east the sun was rising in a brilliant display of pink, orange and gold and between the two was my breath taking prayer as the glory of the Lord shone all around. I didn't quite know which way to look to capture it all.
I reflected on the brightness of the moon which has no light of its own. The light it casts is from the suns reflection, like its bouncing off a mirror.
I reflect on our lives with Jesus, the Son, and wonder at his reflection that shines off us. He is our source of light.
May the light of Christ that reflects in your life, shine on all you meet.
Anne, servant of the Lord