Monday, July 25, 2016

pockets of lights

Lord, the love of your light is shining........shine Jesus shine, fill this land with the Fathers Glory (TIS 675)
As I walk to  the rise of the hill and pause at the top I look back over the valley and across the suburb behind me and see clusters of street lights in the dark of the early morning and  it reminds me again and again of each one of us who carries the light of Christ into our community, often into areas of darkness, of isolation,loneliness  pain, and suffering. As I watch the light of day brighten  and the community  lights dim  I think of how the light of  mornings God encounters  fill us for this new day.
I can think of nothing more appropriate to say than.........let your light shine!
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord..