Monday, July 11, 2016

a good measure pressed down

Give, and it will be given to you. A good  measure, pressed down and shaken together, running over, will be put in your lap, for the measure you give will be given back. Luke 6:38
I tried to find a definition of a blessing and it was hard to come up with something I felt met the
feeling but Luke gives it plain and clear in his Gospel. What drew me to blessings this morning was that they were in my heart when I got up. I was thinking they were like boomerangs.You give one  out and it comes back to you and the blessing then becomes yours, as well as theirs. Time and again I have gone into my day and assisted those less fortunate than myself, people who the world passes by, and they are so grateful and often say the time together is a real blessing but I go home feeling blessed by the privilege of having been with them. God can give us a cold wet morning, shrouded in mist, yet the beauty of it takes our breath away and becomes a blessing prayer of 'thank you Lord.'
Blessings are something we don't forget. They are powerful, collected and save in the soul.
May the blessings fall like the rain on you today.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
The blessing of a  surprised encounter