Friday, November 28, 2014

travelling companion

Good and upright is the Lord, therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his ways. Psalm 25:8-9
So much from within the heart comes a cry, 'for as much as you did for the least of these, my brothers and sisters, you did it for me.'  This text straight from Jesus would be a wonderful theme for Advent. Sometimes I think but how many more of my brothers and sisters can I do this for Lord for sometimes the load  gets very heavy and weighs me down but its said; don't pray that your load is lightened but pray for the strength to bear it. That statement changed my entire perspective on carrying burdens and I found I could add one or two more brothers and sisters to my load, in fact I asked the Lord to give me as many as he thought I could carry.Its then I found they became my travelling companions. They were always with me on the journey through prayer time, on my lips as I fell asleep and as I went out each day to love and serve the Lord. We know that God is our ultimate travel companion, always with us. When the load of carrying our brothers and sisters is heavy, he is the one who holds us up.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.