Monday, November 10, 2014

roses among the thorns

Sing to God with thanksgiving in your heart. Col 3:16
I love the spring with all its expression of new life and it seems to give us a sense of life also, like waking up out of a sleep. Being a gardener I like to head for the garden and make an impression on areas that have been neglected, pruning, weeding, turning old soil over, propping plants with trellises and planting new seeds. I have a bed of roses and pruning sometimes can be a challenge. Somehow I always seem to come out of the exercise looking like I have been pruning roses! However, its well worth it with the reward of beautiful colour and perfumed blooms. Gardening is a bit like our life really, out there in the world among all the challenges, planting, pruning and nurturing.
It is said: Some complain that God put thorns on roses; others give thanks that God put roses among the thorns. (Unknown)
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
one of several St Saviours Cathedral roses in my garden.