Monday, November 24, 2014

rubbing shoulders

Lord, when was it that I  saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not take care of you? Matthew 25:44
In life we often rub shoulders with people society sees as the 'lesser' or who Jesus called the 'little ones.' I am sure as you read this faces will come as images in your  mind and memories in your heart. Our daily life is about bringing  the light of Christ into the dark corners of  this world. I don't know about you but it puts me on my knees and I am sure the roar in the background is the applause from heaven as God sees one of his own move into the circle of love and care and bring life and light to another.(Lucado) None are more shunned by their culture than the blind, the lame, the lepers and the deaf. They had no place. No name. no value. Canker sores on the culture. Excess baggage on the side of the road, but those who people call trash, Jesus calls treasure.
They are the treasure of our daily ministry. Rub shoulders with them, rub shoulders with Christ.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.