Friday, November 7, 2014

A great witness.

.....looking to Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. Hebrews 12:2
I was taking a service in the local aged care facility among a small group of faithful elderly people and one resident in particular seems to stand out. She would be well in her eighties, a quiet gentle lady who just smiles and emanates a peace. She has an aura about her. This day she actually spoke and said. 'I walked with Jesus. I walked by his side. He was so, so lovely, a beautiful man.' she paused a moment and went on to say.' Do you think that could be real or did I dream it?' and she looked at me with intense blue eyes and a face that shone, a face that emanated Christ's presence.'  'It was a long time ago,' she said, 'but I remember it and feel it inside me like it was just now. Every  time I think of it I feel I am filled up again and again with Jesus.' What great witnesses  our older people are. A life time of trials, tribulations and joys and still so strong in the Lord. What a great encouragement to us all who are still 'running the race.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord