Monday, November 17, 2014

I come.

Just as I am without one plea, O lamb of God, I come (Charlotte Elliott)
This is one of a few hymns that brings you to the feet of God. There is a 'tug' a sense of being pulled towards God in these words and you can do nothing but respond  and what a sense of home coming it brings. No doubt we all have that place where we have this great tug to go, to meet and  fall into the arms of  God. Its a tug that's so compelling  it can't be ignored. I reflect on this when I get up to go walking early morning. I feel that tug from God to go and the words of this hymn hum in my heart. 'Just as I am though tosses about, fighting and fears within without, O lamb of God I come.' We forget sometimes that all we have to do with our cares, concerns and anxieties is to give them to God. He takes them from us, tosses them over his shoulder and replaces them with his peace. When you feel that tug from God, this desire to run into his open arms, respond to it, run into his presence to be comforted, filled, blessed,and equipped for life's journey.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord