Monday, December 2, 2013

I'm only a spark

(Jesus said) A person takes a mustard seed, the smallest seed in the world, and plants it in the ground. After a while it grows up and becomes the biggest of all plants.' Mark 4:31-32
I wonder how often we think of ourselves in the big picture of the kingdom? Do we wonder about the impression that we might make? Do we wonder about the gifts and abilities  that God has given us? Do we see them as small with only a small impact?  How sure are you that he can use even the smallest of your gifts to proclaim the greatness of the Lord?  What did Paul say to the Corinthians?
                     That God chooses what the world considers weak, to shame the strong!
Amado Nervo wrote a poem a portion of which reads:
I'm only a spark, make me a fire,I'm only a string, make me a lyre,I'm only an ant hill, make me a mountain,
I'm only a drop,make me a fountain'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
I'm only a bud, make me a flower.