Monday, October 28, 2013

God's gift

The heavens are telling the Glory of God and the  firmament proclaims his handiwork. Ps 19:1
Sometimes when I am out walking its a matter of what will I look at first. Sometimes I almost pivot on the spot as God sends magical moments from the east, the west, the north and the south, moments of awe, of pure delight that roll on and on through the day.
I had my back to the view of the sea when I was alerted to turn around and there was this rainbow, the bow not fully visible but it was like an arm of God reaching from the heavens to the sea and it took my breath away. The colour, the beauty,the brightness, the awe. There were no words except a breath of prayer, 'Thank you Lord.'
Steiner Rice says: Everything that's wonderful is but a rich reward given to us lovingly by a gracious generous Lord.
Eden. NSW