Monday, October 7, 2013

Salvation

'Salvation is through a door. Jesus said:'I am the door' Luke 13:22
The imagery in my mind still holds clear from my pilgrimage to the Holy Land a couple of years ago. We visited the ruins of St Peter's house and saw a doorway that was like two doors set in the one. There was the original door and carved within that was a smaller door said to be for security and safety, your escape route into your home where you could be saved from pursuing evil . Jesus used such images from daily life to convey his message and so he said, looking at such a door, 'I am the door and its through me you are saved.' (paraphrased) Even after a life time of faith and belief I am still in awe of God's grace for us by giving Jesus, our door to salvation.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
A door way to safety and security. Holy Land