Friday, October 4, 2013

Abba father

Then Jesus answered and said to them. 'Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father do;for whatever he does, the Son also does in like manner.' John 5:19
I was thinking how my oldest son works in the same profession  his father did, how he admired his commitment and work and chose to follow in his footsteps and somehow that thought raised a connection for me with our Heavenly Father and how God invites us to be involved with him, to follow his way of life after all, as a Father he loves us and wants us to be involved in his work and so with eyes wide open we need to watch and see where he is working so we can be a partner in it with him.
One of my favorite spiritual songs is  ' Abba Father let me be, yours and yours alone.......never let my heart grow cold, never let met go.'
May you see God at work around you, may it be evident through  what you do that others will see the love of Jesus and want to ask 'Who is it you work for?'
May you be blessed in your daily work. May the light of Christ shine through you.
Anne, servant of the Lord
Covenant care day hospice