Friday, September 27, 2013

freedom

' I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.' Matthew 25:35b-36
How blessed are we to be in a position to take this text and apply it in our daily lives.  I was talking to a man at the day hospice and he was sharing appreciation to me about being there.
 'you know.'  he said.' When I was found
I was cold and wore no socks on my feet because I couldn't reach down to put them on. I was lonely and isolated, a prisoner in my own home since the diagnosis of a life threatening illness. I shut myself away. Now I can have socks on, now I am no longer lonely and now I am no longer a prisoner in my own home.'
There is a Celtic prayer which says:
You who work by Christ's side and share his great love,You who touch with his hands and feel with his heart, his blessing yours, his joy to the end,Take it, hold it, you are his friend.
May your day be full of blessings.
Anne, servant of the Lord
  (Covenant Care is a community initiative operating out of Holy Covenant Jamison ACT. It offers a day with a difference for older people with a life threatening illness who are cared for at home by an elderly husband or wife.)