Friday, September 20, 2013

A lamp at our feet

'Thy word is a lantern unto my feet: and a light unto my paths.' Psalm 119:105
These words are in the front of my  King James bible that I was given by my parents at my confirmation by Bishop Burgman and they became a valued part of my life journey.
Several things have cropped up in the past little while that cause me to think it would be nice to know what will happen, what will be the outcome,what the future will hold, but then I refocus and know within my heart and soul that the future lies in God's hands, always has,always will, and it is in him we put our trust. It is in him we depend. It is on his shoulders we lean. Its into his arms we run, its his lap we sit in, for today, for always for whatever life holds, day by day.
scroll and lamp. Nazareth village
God isn't going to let you see the distant scene so you might as well quit looking for it.
He promised a lamp unto our feet not a crystal ball into the future
We do not need to know what will happen tomorrow
we only need to know he leads us .
How is that for reassurance, comfort and stability!(Lucado)

May the peace of Christ be with you.
Anne, servant of the Lord.