Monday, October 14, 2013

steeped in prayer

'O Lord, three things I pray: to see thee more clearly, to love thee more dearly, to follow thee more clearly day by day.' (Prayer of St Richard of Chichester)
Recently while reading I was struck by how meaningful this prayer is for our daily living and I was thinking of the various ministries we all have through our daily life and with this prayer in mind I reflect on the words of C.T. Studd.
'Some want to live within the sound of church and chapel bell.
I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell.
 May our hearts and  lives always reflect this prayer, for Jesus.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
Credo Cafe in a back lane of Melbourne behind  a church on a main street. The cafe is a place for street people and the homeless. The sign on the wall reads: We are not human beings trying to be spiritual, we are spiritual beings trying to be human