Friday, October 11, 2013

My cathedral

Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to his disciples, 'Sit here while I go yonder and pray.' Matthew 26:36
The world around us is so full of  wonderful places to pray. I look out my study window and I see rolling green hills, a  pond of water graced with wood ducks and an occasional black swan and a glorious pair of  Rosellas  feeding at the bird feeder and immediately it all becomes a prayer.  I spend time in my garden, a very new garden, a place of growing beauty, colour, fragrance and solace and immediately it becomes a prayer, a place of connection and I think of Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane, a place of prayer for him and get a sense of why he went to such a place to pray.
Steiner Rice says: My garden beautifies my yard and adds fragrance to the air, but its also my cathedral and my quiet place of prayer. So little do we realize that the glory and the power of him who made the universe lies hidden in a flower.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Garden of Gethsemane. Holy Land