Friday, August 30, 2013

You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Psalm 139:5
I see the prunes tree  loading itself with masses of pink blossom, the wattle a flush of bright yellow, signs  that tells me spring is just around the corner. As I see these signs of spring
 its easy to theologically reflect. Many thoughts  about God come to mind, new life, faithfulness,  assurance, presence, love, joy.
When I pause to see the petals of the last seasons roses lying softly on the ground I think of God's gift to us in beauty and brokenness.
When I hold the hand of the frail elderly in their dying then I am on Holy ground.
Early in the morning when I look to the east to catch the rising sun and offer my prayers, and in the evening when I turn my face to the sunset to give praise for the day, it seems that all around me and where I am, there is God.
Today keep an eye out for his presence, not only in the surrounding of nature, and in others you encounter, but also in yourself.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.