Monday, August 5, 2013

let your light shine

At the end of each day I reflect on the people who have crossed my path and sum that up in my prayers, especially  when I think of those who experienced Christ through the encounter, those who catch a glimpse of Christ through  relationship with them or in a brief passing. a brief word, a brief touch. I think of my daily round and yours and sum that up as many who have had a touch of God through us all and I thank God that we can bring some light into a dark world through who we are and what we are doing. For some, as the saying goes, we may be the only gospel they ever hear, the only encounter with God they ever have and it may be just enough to change their world.
'Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven.' Matthew 5:16
Robert Louis Stevenson, as a small boy, was staring out his bedroom window one night when his nanny summons him to bed. He was reluctant to come and
his nanny asked what was the attraction outside in the dark night. he said, pointing to the lamplighter who was lighting the street lamps. 'Look nanny,the man is putting holes in the darkness.'
Lotz says in her book Just give me Jesus. 'You and I may not be able to change the world, but surely each of us can put a hole in the darkness.
Turn on the light! share what Jesus means to you and give God's word to someone else.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne,servant of the Lord.