Monday, August 26, 2013

mirror image

' let your light shine before others so they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.' Matthew 5:16
I look from my office window across the road to a large pond and on a day when the air is clear, the sky is blue and the day bright I am drawn to see, in the stillness of the water a reflection of the ponds surrounds is  so clear and detailed that it stops me in my path. Were I to take a photo it would be hard to distinguish the reflection from the real scene. I often see the beautiful reflection before I see the scene that made it.
I remember reading about St Francis of Assisi and how he felt  so unworthy of God's presence and use of his life and people would say, 'What is it that draws us to you, why is the whole world following you?'
Francis himself would marvel that God chose such a 'worthless creature' to do his work,  to reflect God's life.
Amy Carmichael says: A pilgrim looked at the reflection of a mountain in still water. It was the reflection that first caught his attention. But presently he raised his eyes to the mountain.'Reflect me, ' said the Father to him, then others will look at you, then they will look up and see me.'  
                                       The stiller the water the more perfect the reflection.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
photo:Galong monastery