Monday, August 12, 2013

You are seen

I am his and he is mine, here in the power of God I stand.(Song: How deep the Fathers love for us)
I think  the words of this spiritual song make for a good mantra.'I am his and he is mine, here in the power of God I stand.' Think of all the situations and times  you could grasp hold of that line as a life line, a means of strength or to express the power of God's saving grace.
I remember a conference I went to at Kurrajong in the foot hills of the Blue Mountains, a place of beauty and rest, a place of quiet yet the sound of the Bell birds still rings in my mind.  There an aged care chaplain told the story of an elderly frail  lady with sever dementia and her conversation seemed to have no meaning to the listener. As the chaplain sat with her,gently  massaging fragrant oils into her arthritic hands she had a great sense of inadequacy in her ability to have meaningful conversation with this lady and often the silence was long and uncomfortable. This particular day the chaplain had brought with her a CD for background music  to fill the silences. In the CD was a repetitive one liner: ' You are seen, you are loved, you are doing very well.'  Then, in the midst of a muddled conversation the elderly lady looked into the chaplains eyes and after a moment of silence said, as clear as the call of the Bell birds. ' You are seen, you are loved, you are doing very well.'
Serve God with confidence for you to are seen, loved and doing very well.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord