Monday, August 19, 2013

God's presence

Jesus said: ' I am not trying to do what I want, but only what he who sent me wants.' John 5:30
I can imagine how a climbers heart must leap and spirit soar when they reach the summit of a high mountain and survey the view around and below. Breath taking. I can imagine a leaping heart and soaring spirit when an architect surveys a completed magnificent building. When I drove into Durham and came around the corner to be confronted by the city, there in its midst was the Durham Cathedral towering over all other buildings causing my heart to leap and my spirit to soar. Like wise when I came over the hill in Jerusalem to be confronted by the city with the Dome of the Rock before me and the tears just silently  ran down my face. Yet I also can look at a brightly coloured beautifully crafted flower or a tiny blue wren and my heart leaps and my spirit soars. To me this is standing on sacred ground. A hiker on a mountain top explained her experience like this: ' Suddenly I felt God's power and presence penetrate right through me. I was so overwhelmed I just sat down.  My eyes overflowed with tears and I thanked God that he had taught me to know him and I begged him ardently that my life be consecrated to his will.'
What causes your heart to leap and your spirit to soar?  Where do you 'meet'God?
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Photo: Western Wall. Jerusalem