Monday, October 3, 2011

Good food.


' Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink--even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk--its all free! Isaiah 55:1 (NLB)
When I was on Pilgrimage I enjoyed the foods of Israel and Turkey. Wonderful food that was healthy, fresh and in abundance, which we had to pay for, of course, but once we had our fill at breakfast then walked all the morning we were hungry and ready to eat again. We had to make sure we had money in our pocket to pay.
I have a friend with disability who loves to go to social outings and when I ask whats so good about the outings she says, 'Free food Anne, free food!' Every time she says that I think of Jesus who offers us food and drink for life..........free, readily available, always within reach and the more we reach out and receive the more he gives and the more we are filled and satisfied.
I love that old hymn........'Bread of heaven on thee we feed.' (TIS 513)
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne