Tuesday, October 11, 2011

wonder and surprise


'Now thank we all our God, with hearts and hands and voices...' (TIS 106)
I find it hard not to see something in all that is around me to thank God for. Glorious spring flowers packed to the max with sweet perfumes, fresh new leaves bursting from swollen buds on trees, paddocks of green, thick grass, lambs by mothers sides. I marvel at all the surprises God has for us.
I was down at Bermagui on the weekend and amidst a lazy afternoon decided to go for a drive about town. I ended up on the cliffs overlooking the sea and there before my very eyes were whales and the baby of the pod was rolling over and over, trying to blow water our of its spout and banging flippers on the water surface. I sent up to the heavens an almighty thank you.
Sister Stan (Moments of Stillness says)
Thank you for the ordinary gifts of every day evoking in me wonder and surprise.
Take a look and SEE the wonder and surprise of God's gifts to you, in your place, where you are right now.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne