Friday, October 28, 2011

Heading for Jerusalem

' Because the Lord God helps me, I will not be dismayed, therefore I have set my face like flint to do his will, and I have known that I will triumph.' Isaiah 50: 7 (TLB)
We know God helps us because he is on our side, so why do we dismay?
How blessed are we to be in a situation where we can know this right to the core of our heart, that God is always present, always in what we do in his name. We sometimes say in tricky situations: Grit your teeth and get on with it, or bite the bullet and just do it! I like this great sense of determination from Isaiah.................'I will set my face like flint to do his will.'
When we have the problems of 'dismay' in our days we have the promise of God's help so whatever it is today, go for it, God will be there.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne