Monday, October 17, 2011

shepherd

' The Lord is my shepherd.' Ps 23
last minute request to do something that gave me no time for preparation just sent me into 'a spin.' I could feel my pulse racing, heart pounding and palms sweating. I could feel anxiety taking control and in a last minute effort to gain self control I sent up a mantra of help to God.
'peace Lord (deep breath) peace Lord and I just put my whole self into his hands and a great sense of peace and assurance fell gently through me.
I love the image of Jesus as the shepherd and myself as the sheep. Sometimes he is beside me, sometimes just a little way off and sometimes just out of sight. Its an image that brings a sense of safety, of 'being with in reach' and no matter where God was, or what he was doing when I sent up my mantra for help, he responded, he came to me and walked with me and surprise, surprise all was well.
How blessed we are to have Jesus 'with in reach.' May we never forget that but more so, may we never forget to call on him always, he is just there!
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne