Monday, May 16, 2022

On the tree, covering the ground.

 Silver and Gold have I none, but such as I have give I thee. (Christian Song)

I look at the glorious autumn trees all around with all the colours God could think of and the one that speaks to me the most are the leaves on the Crepe Myrtle just outside my door, gold and silvery  yellow glory, on the tree and covering the ground - what a picture - what an image - what love, and to mind comes the words of the song: 'silver and gold have I none but such as I have give I thee.' and its true, we don't have much but we give what we have in service to our God and one another becoming part of his story. I love this little poem by Rosalie Kuyvenhoven: Humble dazzle of autumn these leaves on the ground. Each one a page in a book, a poem  that says I lived. I was a small part of the whole story - this is my song, this is my glory.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.  Anne, servant of the Lord

This is my Glory