Friday, May 27, 2022

And they became a prayer

 Your love to me was wonderful. 2 Samuel 1:26

The  autumn tree is almost spent of its summer dress and I love the way the last of the leaves are gathered up and swirled around on the path in a playful gust of wind, coming from all directions in small whirly winds. To sit in the sacred space and just look and listen and feel is, (as Macrina Wiederkehr says) like going to heaven for awhile' and as I contemplate these moments of beauty -  they become a prayer. 

Ralph S Cushman wrote: 'I met God in the morning, when the day was at its best, and his presence came like sunrise, a glory in my breast.'

Let the peace of Christ dwell within you.  Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                                Spent of its dress.