Monday, May 2, 2022

I held it in my clasped hand

 They were holding golden bowls of incense, which are the prayers of the people. Revelations 5:8

I held the flower of the golden yellow rose in my clasped hands and before I lowered my head towards its glorious formation I could smell the deep, rich perfume flowing from it and on its petals were droplets of dew ,  and all I saw and smelt was a prayer. Then, in the peace of my garden, at the sight of such a glorious creation my gaze fell lower down to a cluster of forget-me-nots still flowering and why I don't know, my thoughts went to Ukraine. I think it was the combination of the yellow and blue colours and my thoughts then wondered to the sanctuary at church, where across the front of the Alter we are constantly reminded to pray for Ukraine, by a long strip of intwined yellow and blue cloth and  again my thoughts were as prayers.

I love the thought that we, here in a quiet country, can send our prayers up like incense to God, for those in desperate need and that a humble rose and a tiny forget-me-not have the power to remind me of that.

Peace to those who are far off and peace to those who are near.  Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                        For Ukraine.