Friday, April 22, 2022

The eye of God

 W love thy house O God, wherein thine honour dwells. The joy of thine abode, all earthly joy excels.(Hymn)

The night sky has  been a place of deeper beauty these last few nights when the moon was full and its light shone so bright through the darkness . As  I looked at the dome of sky above me with bright moon and sparkling, winking stars by the thousands I am in awe of our God.  The silence is profound, almost beautiful, creating a sacred space,  - but the moon, it was holding there above me like an eye looking down on our world.  This light in the darkness reminded me vividly of God's light shining in the darkness and was a clear visual of those words.  As my eyes stayed on the moon I also thought of how God described himself as 'I am'   I am is love, is peace, is serenity, is present and as I turned in for the night I heard the words within me: Sleep in peace - God is awake - he has his eye on you.

Jehovah - shalom. The Lord is peace.      Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                The eye of God

.