Monday, April 4, 2022

A revolution of joy

Jesus said: Come  to me, all you who are  weary and carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28

What I often say, what is happening to our world, the beautiful world that God created for us to love and enjoy and care for. So much pain and suffering and destruction, so much love and peace destroyed. The human side of me wants to take up arm, arms of climate change protesting, up a massive gum tree with a koala on my back, arms of anti war demonstrations shouting with my loudest voice, and literally arms but you know, in reality I am just one small person in a big picture so I instead try to sprinkle peace and joy around in my patch, where I am, to try and bring a smile to the faces of others such as those from the nursing home with their dementia who pass my place on their walk and admire the flowers in the garden and my  very special one eyed little dog and hand the problems of the world to God in deep prayer from my sacred space.( Now that's a powerful weapon!!) Max Lucado says: If you brighten your corner of the world and I do the same in mine, a quiet revelation of JOY might break out.

Peace to those who are far off and peace to those who are near.  Anne, servant of the Lord.

A garden of delight.