Friday, April 8, 2022

Sky blue with a yellow dot.

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name; you are mine isaiah:43:1-3

I was reflecting  on the freshness of the rain washed morning and over the steam rising from my hot cup of tea in my hand my  eyes rested on a beautiful single flowering for-get-me-not in the garden,  sky blue with a tiny yellow dot on the middle like the sun shining in a blue sky and I recall the story of how God was walking in the garden of Eden and saw a blue flower and asked its name. the flower was a shy flower and whispered he has forgotten my name. God renamed the flower forget-me-not saying he will never forget it. (Christian folk lore)  Its a bit like the story of the sparrows who Jesus said he valued so much, but you even more so, or the fact that he can count the number of hairs on our head and his love is greater than that. His love for us who he has claimed as his, by name is vast, wide, immeasurable and like the tiny for-get-me not in the garden, he will never forget us. 

Jehovah - shalom. The Lord is peace.

Anne, servant of the Lord

For-get-me-not