Friday, November 26, 2021

Tea with God

 Jesus said: 'Come a way with me. Let us go to a quiet place and rest awhile.' Mark 6:31-33

I have a sacred space outside surrounded by my garden and signs of work in progress with pots being filled with dirt for planting,   a shovel leaning on the fence and a little dog exploring and there I sit having invited God to join me with a cup of tea.  In this space the birds are splashing in the birdbath and looking for breakfast among the clusters of colourful flowers whose perfume fills the air and there is silence and there is peace and there is God. Today as I was reflecting and chatting with God he drew my attention to a tree fully washed from overnight rain and it was aglow with raindrops just like someone had flung a multitude of fairy lights over it or as Macrina  Wiederkehr would say its a tree full of angels  and look, see the holiness  wrapped in the ordinary. What do you see from your sacred space as you have tea with God?

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ

Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                Fairy lights or angels.