Friday, November 12, 2021

Caught off guard

The Lord bless you and keep you. Numbers 6:24

How lovely are the spring flowers. It's like God opened a window in heaven and poured out his blessings. Joyce Rupp says: The loveliness of a single flower in radiant bloom can sing my drooping spirit into joy. How true. How very true. I cant look at a rose bud, or poppy capsule, or pending daffodil and not sense the blessing to come and as for the sweet peas, how can such a glorious perfume fill that small pod?  I read this prayer by Frederick  Buechner: Lord, catch me off guard today, surprise me with some moment of beauty  so that at least for the moment I may be startled into seeing that you are here in all your splendour, always and everywhere, barely hidden, beneath, beyond, within this life I breathe.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                The great Love of God O how lavishly given.