Monday, October 5, 2020

Onward and onward.

 Peace I leave  with you; my peace I give you. John 14 :27

Sometimes I wonder about the people that are around me out in community. Who are they? What is their life like in todays world and do they have God in their lives? I was standing in a que outside a shop, socially distanced of course, just pondering these things and looking at the beautiful  pale blue wisteria climbing over a large trellis, its perfume filling the air. Politicians were gathered in a group each voicing their own views and ideas and from somewhere, I don't know where, I could hear gentle upbeat music and was astounded to hear it was playing Onward Christian Soldiers. I thought, no, it must be another song using the same tune but as it continued I turned around the the man standing behind me who was humming the tune and then I heard the person behind him also humming and I realised  how much the presence of God is around and about us in our community and I started to hum also. We made quite a choir as we stood there on sacred ground. And yes, it was Onward Christian Soldiers followed by When The  Saints Go Marching In, yet I still couldn't see where it was coming from!

May the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times and in all ways.

Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                            Peace in a rocky world.