Friday, October 16, 2020

A grain of sand, a wild flower, a rose

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so  that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13

For days I have been watching the rose bushes gather more and more buds and some are ready to burst into glory but then I saw one had escaped its tight cocoon and there it was, the first rose of summer dressed in its layers of colourful skirts, glorious in its beauty and literally smiling at its achievement. (How did that beautiful flower fit in that tiny bud?) I could not resist the pause to smell the flower  and I was blessed with a burst of rose perfume. William Blake said: I see the world in a grain of sand and  heaven in a wildflower. And Tertullian said: If I give you a rose you won't doubt God anymore.

Go find that first rose of the summer, created and blessed by God just for you to enjoy.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ

Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                                Dressed in their skirts.