Friday, August 16, 2019

Sing, sing,sing

Forth in your name O Lord I go, my daily labour to pursue. TIS 571
There is a freshness about the morning that lingers after the frost has melted under  the warmth of  the rising sun and the sights and smells of the new day are lingering.  And I reflect on many a new day, like the one that comes on a hot, dry morning when the ground smells of dust after an early morning shower of rain has 'dressed' it in rain spots. And those days where the far off  hills are green, heralding  the new growth of spring and those clusters of yellow wildflowers that are 'smiling' on the verge and the fresh smell of the paddock full of wild oats where the small bird singing a big song and all I see and smell is a prayer and I recall this verse 'When forth I go upon my ways a thousand joys are mine, the clusters of dark violets, the wreaths of the wild vine
Even when facing the unknown challenges of a day, all is possible when we take with us our morning prayer that have been grounded in the quiet times with God.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne,servant of the Lord.

The wreath of a wild vine