Friday, August 30, 2019

Every night will have its morning

Comfort, comfort all my people. (TIS 647)
 I was sharing with an older lady who lives alone, about God's comfort after she had expressed some anxiety at bed time when all was dark and all was quiet and there was a loneliness in that. I shared with her about my prayer practice at bed time saying one of the last things I do when I go to bed at night is wrap myself in prayer thinking  as I wrap myself in the warmth of the blankets that I am  wrapping God himself around me giving me a feeling of his presence. It really is quite comforting. I have a small book called Irish Blessings by Pat Fairon and in it there is this lovely prayer called, On Lying Down saying: I lie down with my dear God, may my dear God lie with me, two hands of God about my waist, a cross of angels over me, from head to sole tonight and until a year from tonight, and tonight itself.  Isn't that so comforting? I love the two hands of God about my waist.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ,
Anne, servant of the Lord
Peace