Monday, August 19, 2019

Don't hide your light.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. John 3:16
I cant help but continue  reflecting on the football game. Sometimes we think that God is not in the world . There is so much unrest and pain and suffering in war torn countries and even in our own communities violence is increasing and some  tend to look for meaning in life  in other ways  and  games like football become  'the new gods' as some all but worship their favourite teams. Yet some go to a game with a message for the world to see and as I watched the rugby final for the Bladislow cup on Saturday afternoon  I saw it  again......a very large yellow banner which took three people to display and written on it in bold large black print was that familiar verse. John 3:16. It always gives me goosebumps when I see it and I think of the boldness of the faith of those who take and display such a banner to get the message of love and hope across to a large audience  around  the world. I wonder how we display our faith in the communities around us and are we know as people of faith?
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Shine for Jesus.