Monday, August 12, 2019

More to birds than birds.


All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all. ( TIS 135)
I was feeding the birds in a wildlife sanctuary  and their beauty  and colour captured me. As a flock of them descended on the plate of food I was holding others landed on my arm and sat on my shoulder and head.There was noise and there was a flurry of wings and right at that moment in a kaleidoscope of colour  I felt I was  standing on sacred ground as I looked into the eyes of a bird and it seemed like we were one. One in connection with the creator. It was a spine tingling experience as I saw that flash of recognising  God in all his shapes and colour and forms. It was a moment I will cherish like one does at the sight of a butterfly passing  by when someone close to you has died or  the presence  of a special bird that just seems to appear at the right moment to bring memories closer and your thoughts, full of reassurance and hope go straight to God. I think you know what I mean.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ,
Anne, servant of the Lord.
O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder