Monday, July 30, 2018

Jesus, O Jesus, come and fill our lives

O let the Son of God enfold you with his Spirit and his love......TIS 655
That is such a lovely hymn and I found myself humming  it this morning when I woke up and it brought to mind a glorious sunrise that I has seen recently. It swept across the sky like colourful streamers across a ballroom ceiling just hanging, waiting for the dance to begin. Ribbons of bright colours of brilliant orange layered with pastel pink and blue.......a breathtaking sunrise.
I heard a man ring into the local radio station saying: 'I just caught a glimpse of the rising sun in my rear vision mirror.'  Two thoughts crossed my mind when I heard his words. May we never see the risen Son in hindsight and may others see the risen Son in us today.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord