Friday, July 13, 2018

Glory and power

The heavens declare the glory of God: the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1
It is so powerful and humbling to be aware of God's presence in our every day life and catch a glimpse of his work. On one occasion I recall being  in a rural setting where kangaroo and birds of many varieties were in abundance. As I sat on a granite outcrop at dawn, half way up a hill I surveyed a panorama of deep blue rolling mountains, distant ones snow capped, green hills and rabbits almost at my feet and God graced me with a brier bush full of blue wrens. I wrote in my notebook: Today I have been blessed at the start of the day with a chorus of kookaburras and I have been among  God's treasures. For me he opened the lid of his treasure chest and let a few come out and as I thanked him yet again, in a breath taking response he gave me one more of his treasures, a beautiful blue orchid, among the granite and the brier. I thought of  our powerful mighty God who created rugged mountains can also create a delicate wild orchid. Little do we realise sometimes that the glory and the power of he who made the universe lies hidden in a flower.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree