Tuesday, July 10, 2018

for Jesus

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. John 3:16
                  I read somewhere that we should make a pulpit of every  circumstance.
 Those words draw me to think beyond the familiarity of the church and into the community where I recall seeing crowds of 1.000's watching a cricket match and amidst all the waving banners was one that boldly quoted John 3:16. And as I watch football something stirs deep inside me when I see the big burly men run onto  the field  with several of them making the sign of the cross. Yesterday afternoon's football  drew attention to the commentators who were trying to discern a scripture quote written on a wrist bandage of a player. The quote was Isaiah 41:10 which was thought to be a message to a person called 'Izzy'. (  'Do not fear for I am with you, do not be afraid for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.' The commentators  were saying 'Whats that he has written on his wrist bandage.That's a biblical text isn't it? Who was Isaiah ? He wasn't one of the disciples. No I don't know I will have to look it up when I get home'.Imagine the impact these shows of faith have on thousands of viewers of sport. If they are familiar with the quote they will feel blessed to have seen it displayed in such an arena. If they are not familiar with it they will go looking for it when they get home or on the spot using Google. Wow, what a witness and I wonder how much do we show our faith in the arena of the community?
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
Let your light shine.......for Jesus